Driver arrested over 78-year-old Allen Jepp's crash death in South Norwood
The driver of a car involved in a collision that killed a pedestrian in South Norwood earlier this month has been arrested.
The 42-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of causing death while driving uninsured and driving without a valid licence.
He has since been bailed until a date in early March.
The 78-year-old was taken to hospital where he died the next day.
A post mortem examination carried out on Friday was inconclusive, with further tests due to be carried out to determine the cause of death.
An inquest into Mr Jepp's death was opened at adjourned at Croydon Coroner's Court last Wednesday.
- Polish man who committed more than 81 burglaries arrested on a European Arrest Warrant
- Mum stabbed by neighbour in front of baby after row about it crying
- 'Record number' of children secure sought-after school places despite rising demand
- Police called as politician gets involved in blue badge parking row
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues