Driver arrested over 78-year-old Allen Jepp's crash death in South Norwood
The driver of a car involved in a collision that killed a pedestrian in South Norwood earlier this month has been arrested.
The 42-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of causing death while driving uninsured and driving without a valid licence.
He has since been bailed until a date in early March.
The 78-year-old was taken to hospital where he died the next day.
A post mortem examination carried out on Friday was inconclusive, with further tests due to be carried out to determine the cause of death.
An inquest into Mr Jepp's death was opened at adjourned at Croydon Coroner's Court last Wednesday.
- New scheme offers up to £30,000 interest free loans for Croydon social enterprises
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- Firefighters showcase rescue skills in Croydon
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry