Shotgun and ammunition found after police stop two cars in New Addington
A shotgun and ammunition was found in two vehicles during a Trident armed stop on two cars in New Addington.
The stop took place at Westcott Close of Lodge Lane, yesterday evening at 6.25pm.
Three passengers tried to flee the scene despite being confronted by armed officers, including specialist officers from the Specialist Firearms Command.
Three male suspects who remained inside the cars- a Ford Focus and a BMW were arrested.
Two of the men who fled were later caught and detained, but the other suspect who fled the scene remains outstanding.
A sawn-off shotgun and two rounds of ammunition were recovered form the back seat of the BMW.
Five men, a 30-year-old man and two 25-year-old men from Croydon, a 29-year-old man from SE11 and a 28-year-old man from SW2 have been arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
They remain in custody at a south London police station.
- Neighbours of Norbury fire death pensioner describe 'dreadful' scene
- Croydon Village Outlet 'likely to be sold this week'
- Kane Boyce pleads not guilty to murdering girlfriend Paula Newman
- Thornton Heath stab victim recovers in hospital
- Man dies in Norbury house fire
Comments are closed on this article.