Thornton Heath pub the Golden Lion damaged by suspected arson
A pub in Thornton Heath was damaged in a suspected arson attack this morning.
Firefighters were called to the Golden Lion in Stanley Road at 6am this morning.
Two crews from Norbury evacuated the pub, whose residents had been woken by the fire alarm, and extinguished the flames.
The front of the pub was damaged but no one was hurt.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation but a Metropolitan Police spokesman said it was thought to have been started deliberately.
- Neighbours of Norbury fire death pensioner describe 'dreadful' scene
- Croydon Village Outlet 'likely to be sold this week'
- Kane Boyce pleads not guilty to murdering girlfriend Paula Newman
- Thornton Heath stab victim recovers in hospital
- Man dies in Norbury house fire
Comments are closed on this article.