Thornton Heath pub the Golden Lion damaged by suspected arson
A pub in Thornton Heath was damaged in a suspected arson attack this morning.
Firefighters were called to the Golden Lion in Stanley Road at 6am this morning.
Two crews from Norbury evacuated the pub, whose residents had been woken by the fire alarm, and extinguished the flames.
The front of the pub was damaged but no one was hurt.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation but a Metropolitan Police spokesman said it was thought to have been started deliberately.
- "I was screaming." Mum relives ordeal after daughter killed in street in pushchair
- Terminally ill mother's anguish at her son's killer's apology snub
- Croydon to pioneer house enterprise zones in London
- Met urged to 'come clean' as explosive new links revealed between murders of Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence
- TRAFFIC: Delays expected in South Norwood and Woodside due to bridge closure
Comments are closed on this article.