Thornton Heath pub the Golden Lion damaged by suspected arson
A pub in Thornton Heath was damaged in a suspected arson attack this morning.
Firefighters were called to the Golden Lion in Stanley Road at 6am this morning.
Two crews from Norbury evacuated the pub, whose residents had been woken by the fire alarm, and extinguished the flames.
The front of the pub was damaged but no one was hurt.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation but a Metropolitan Police spokesman said it was thought to have been started deliberately.
- Easter message from Crystal Palace chaplain Chris Roe
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
Comments are closed on this article.