Teens plead not guilty to killing homeless man in Waddon
Two teenagers have pleaded not guilty over the death of a homeless man in a fire.
A 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl appeared at Croydon Crown Court on Tuesday to make their pleas.
The pair both confirmed their names and pleaded not guilty to charges of manslaughter and arson.
They were both arrested and bailed following a fire at the former Sea Cadets building in Davenant Road, Waddon on June 10.
Sylwester Mendzelewski, 35, was found dead inside the building after the fire had been extinguished.
They are due to stand trial on June 9, 2014.
- Firefighters showcase rescue skills in Croydon
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers