Teens plead not guilty to killing homeless man in Waddon
Two teenagers have pleaded not guilty over the death of a homeless man in a fire.
A 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl appeared at Croydon Crown Court on Tuesday to make their pleas.
The pair both confirmed their names and pleaded not guilty to charges of manslaughter and arson.
They were both arrested and bailed following a fire at the former Sea Cadets building in Davenant Road, Waddon on June 10.
Sylwester Mendzelewski, 35, was found dead inside the building after the fire had been extinguished.
They are due to stand trial on June 9, 2014.
- Aspiring youth worker hopes to make apprenticeships documentary
- Nurses cleared of covering up dementia patient's disappearance
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Stolen mobile phone returned to owner after being spotted on eBay
- Tribute for world renowned dancer who died in Norbury house fire