Teens plead not guilty to killing homeless man in Waddon
Two teenagers have pleaded not guilty over the death of a homeless man in a fire.
A 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl appeared at Croydon Crown Court on Tuesday to make their pleas.
The pair both confirmed their names and pleaded not guilty to charges of manslaughter and arson.
They were both arrested and bailed following a fire at the former Sea Cadets building in Davenant Road, Waddon on June 10.
Sylwester Mendzelewski, 35, was found dead inside the building after the fire had been extinguished.
They are due to stand trial on June 9, 2014.
- Croydon to pioneer house enterprise zones in London
- Met urged to 'come clean' as explosive new links revealed between murders of Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence
- TRAFFIC: Delays expected in South Norwood and Woodside due to bridge closure
- Students 'rise to the challenge' with Beauty and the Beast
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament