Teens plead not guilty to killing homeless man in Waddon
Two teenagers have pleaded not guilty over the death of a homeless man in a fire.
A 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl appeared at Croydon Crown Court on Tuesday to make their pleas.
The pair both confirmed their names and pleaded not guilty to charges of manslaughter and arson.
They were both arrested and bailed following a fire at the former Sea Cadets building in Davenant Road, Waddon on June 10.
Sylwester Mendzelewski, 35, was found dead inside the building after the fire had been extinguished.
They are due to stand trial on June 9, 2014.
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons