Teens plead not guilty to killing homeless man in Waddon
Two teenagers have pleaded not guilty over the death of a homeless man in a fire.
A 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl appeared at Croydon Crown Court on Tuesday to make their pleas.
The pair both confirmed their names and pleaded not guilty to charges of manslaughter and arson.
They were both arrested and bailed following a fire at the former Sea Cadets building in Davenant Road, Waddon on June 10.
Sylwester Mendzelewski, 35, was found dead inside the building after the fire had been extinguished.
They are due to stand trial on June 9, 2014.
- Police to visit pawn shops in stolen goods crackdown
- Flaming flytipped rubbish in Addiscombe
- International rugby star 'attacked glamour model and former Miss Wales' at Dane Bowers's Croydon house
- Alleged drug dealers appear in court over Daniel Spargo-Mabbs death
- Croydon Village Outlet employee 'sexually assaulted woman in store'