Missing South Norwood six-year-old and teenage aunt found
A six-year-old girl who disappeared with her teenage aunt has been found safe, police have said.
Lutfiya Salum and Zeenat Abdala, 16, of South Norwood, sparked a search after leaving home to go to the library on Saturday.
Police have now established the girls, who arrived in the UK from Somalia earlier this year, have returned to their country of birth with family members.
Scotland Yard said on Sunday the pair, who lived in foster care in Croydon, were believed to have travelled to meet family who recently arrived in the UK.
- Housing scheme to launch Croydon sales programme
- Gas field in the North Sea named after New Addington brewery
- Crystal Palace search for next generation of futsal stars
- Palace star Joel Ward makes surprise visit to Thornton Heath Leisure Centre
- Chef gives students a taste of Brazil ahead of World Cup
Comments are closed on this article.