Missing South Norwood six-year-old and teenage aunt found
A six-year-old girl who disappeared with her teenage aunt has been found safe, police have said.
Lutfiya Salum and Zeenat Abdala, 16, of South Norwood, sparked a search after leaving home to go to the library on Saturday.
Police have now established the girls, who arrived in the UK from Somalia earlier this year, have returned to their country of birth with family members.
Scotland Yard said on Sunday the pair, who lived in foster care in Croydon, were believed to have travelled to meet family who recently arrived in the UK.
- Croydon Village Outlet employee 'sexually assaulted woman in store'
- Crime in Croydon falls by nearly 10 per cent - new figures
- Basketball star Luol Deng to run summer camp in Crystal Palace
- Human remains unearthed at house are 'probably Saxon'
- Crystal Palace chaplain hails miraculous season for Eagles
Comments are closed on this article.