Missing South Norwood six-year-old and teenage aunt found
A six-year-old girl who disappeared with her teenage aunt has been found safe, police have said.
Lutfiya Salum and Zeenat Abdala, 16, of South Norwood, sparked a search after leaving home to go to the library on Saturday.
Police have now established the girls, who arrived in the UK from Somalia earlier this year, have returned to their country of birth with family members.
Scotland Yard said on Sunday the pair, who lived in foster care in Croydon, were believed to have travelled to meet family who recently arrived in the UK.
- Firefighters showcase rescue skills in Croydon
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers
Comments are closed on this article.