Residential home to host 'Strictly Sunrise' dance event
A residential home in Purley is to host its own 'Strictly Sunrise' dance event.
The weekly dance event will take place at Sunrise Senior Living on Thursday evenings and each week a different local group, dance teacher or member of the Sunrise team will be coming into teach various dance steps to residents who will then take to the floor themselves.
Dance teacher Heather Pitman taught the first class on Thursday, December 12, where she taught residents ballroom dancing.
Bernice Cooper, General Manager at Sunrise Senior Living of Purley, said: "What a fantastic evening. It was incredible to see all the residents getting involved.
"The whole room was rocking. 'Strictly Sunrise’ will become a regular weekly event in the New Year as it the perfect chance to bring everyone together to brush up on dance skills or even learn some new ones."
- Basketball star Luol Deng to run summer camp in Crystal Palace
- Human remains unearthed at house are 'probably Saxon'
- Crystal Palace chaplain hails miraculous season for Eagles
- Neighbours of Norbury fire death pensioner describe 'dreadful' scene
- Croydon Village Outlet 'likely to be sold this week'
Comments are closed on this article.