Residential home to host 'Strictly Sunrise' dance event
A residential home in Purley is to host its own 'Strictly Sunrise' dance event.
The weekly dance event will take place at Sunrise Senior Living on Thursday evenings and each week a different local group, dance teacher or member of the Sunrise team will be coming into teach various dance steps to residents who will then take to the floor themselves.
Dance teacher Heather Pitman taught the first class on Thursday, December 12, where she taught residents ballroom dancing.
Bernice Cooper, General Manager at Sunrise Senior Living of Purley, said: "What a fantastic evening. It was incredible to see all the residents getting involved.
"The whole room was rocking. 'Strictly Sunrise’ will become a regular weekly event in the New Year as it the perfect chance to bring everyone together to brush up on dance skills or even learn some new ones."
- Teenagers photos capture homelessness and child abuse for Amnesty International contest
- Opera singer who excelled as Carmen dies
- Easter message from Crystal Palace chaplain Chris Roe
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
Comments are closed on this article.