Deadline looms for Croydon primary school applications
Parents with children due to start primary school in September 2014 are reminded they need to submit their application by January 15.
An online application form is available from the school admissions page on Croydon Council's website.
The council have been expanding and building schools to ensure there are places available for every child that needs one.
Parents are advised to use all six options on the form in case none of their preferred school are available and are encouraged to include the most local school that uses distance as a selection criteria, even if it is in sixth place.
The council is also advising parents to check on each school's admissions police to ensure they do not put their child down for a school that would be unlikely to accept them.
Councillor Tim Pollard, cabinet member for children, families and learning, said: "We understand this can be a stressful and anxious time for many parents.
"However, if people follow our advice and apply on time, using all six preferences, they are far more likely to get a place they are happy with for their child."
- "I was screaming." Mum relives ordeal after daughter killed in street in pushchair
- Terminally ill mother's anguish at her son's killer's apology snub
- Croydon to pioneer house enterprise zones in London
- Met urged to 'come clean' as explosive new links revealed between murders of Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence
- TRAFFIC: Delays expected in South Norwood and Woodside due to bridge closure
Comments are closed on this article.