Croydon Council make service changes for Christmas period
Council staff will be working throughout the festive period.
There are changes to bin collections over Christmas starting from today.
With no collections on December 25, 26 and January 1 there are some changes to the days residents need to put out their bins and boxes.
Calendars with further details of when different boxes need to put out have been distributed throughout the borough.
Instead of collections taking place on December 25 and 26, they will happen on December 28 and 29. There is still a collection on December 27.
For collections on January 1, these are moved to January 2. There will also be collections on January 3 and 4.
The borough’s three household reuse centres and the recycling centres will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Bernard Weatherill House, Croydon’s Libraries, the council’s call centre and leisure centres are all closed on December 25 and 26.
Croydon Council’s social services emergency teams will also be working around the clock to ensure vulnerable residents get the help they need.
The gritting teams are on hand for any adverse weather conditions that should strike over the Christmas period and the council’s control room will also be fully operational.
Go to Croydon Council's website for more information.
- "I was screaming." Mum relives ordeal after daughter killed in street in pushchair
- Terminally ill mother's anguish at her son's killer's apology snub
- Croydon to pioneer house enterprise zones in London
- Met urged to 'come clean' as explosive new links revealed between murders of Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence
- TRAFFIC: Delays expected in South Norwood and Woodside due to bridge closure
Comments are closed on this article.