Family raise over £2,300 at annual Christmas fundraiser
A family raised over £2,300 at an annual Christmas craft fair held in their back garden.
The McAvoy family of Gravel Hill, started hosting the fundraisers seven years ago, with proceeds donated to both local and national charities.
What started off as a small coffee morning, has developed into a craft fair for visitors held in a marquee in their garden.
The family say this year's event held on November 30, was the best yet, with stall holders overwhelmed by the number of visitors.
Dorelle McAvoy said: "We are thrilled with the sheer number of people that turned up to support us; not only old friends but many new faces came along.
"Credit must go to our fantastic neighbours and friends, the students of the University of Surrey, the stall holders, for making the day so successful, we could not have done it without them."
The proceeds from last month's event will be given to the Huntington's Disease Association and the Croydon Opportunity Preschool Group- that offers specialist day care for children with special needs from the age of three months.
- New scheme offers up to £30,000 interest free loans for Croydon social enterprises
- Send us your pictures of sunny London and Surrey as warm weather finally arrives
- Firefighters showcase rescue skills in Croydon
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
Comments are closed on this article.