Croydon pick up prize in New Year's Day Parade
A theatre group represented Croydon in the New Year’s Day parade last week.
The borough’s entry featured members of the Croydon Youth Theatre Organisation (CYTO). They came sixth which meant they received £2,000 to go towards the Mayor’s charities.
Thousands of people turned out for the parade last week which takes place in central London and had a swinging 60s theme.
CYTO’s presentation included plenty of colourful costumes and 60s dance moves. It also included the Trojan Bubble Car, which was made in Croydon.
Mayor of Croydon, Councillor Yvette Hopley, said: “Despite the weather Croydon's entry looked fantastic.
“Many thanks to everyone who helped and those who got soaking wet on the day. It was great publicity for Croydon and our entry was quite unique, which was key in getting us a prize."
- Basketball star Luol Deng to run summer camp in Crystal Palace
- Human remains unearthed at house are 'probably Saxon'
- Crystal Palace chaplain hails miraculous season for Eagles
- Neighbours of Norbury fire death pensioner describe 'dreadful' scene
- Croydon Village Outlet 'likely to be sold this week'
Comments are closed on this article.