Croydon pick up prize in New Year's Day Parade
A theatre group represented Croydon in the New Year’s Day parade last week.
The borough’s entry featured members of the Croydon Youth Theatre Organisation (CYTO). They came sixth which meant they received £2,000 to go towards the Mayor’s charities.
Thousands of people turned out for the parade last week which takes place in central London and had a swinging 60s theme.
CYTO’s presentation included plenty of colourful costumes and 60s dance moves. It also included the Trojan Bubble Car, which was made in Croydon.
Mayor of Croydon, Councillor Yvette Hopley, said: “Despite the weather Croydon's entry looked fantastic.
“Many thanks to everyone who helped and those who got soaking wet on the day. It was great publicity for Croydon and our entry was quite unique, which was key in getting us a prize."
- Killer remains on the run - call 999 if you see Jurius Tarasov
- Passengers urged to plan an alternative route due to London Bridge station rebuild
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Live music to celebrate Wandle Park restoration
- The Great British Busk Off
Comments are closed on this article.