Twelve people evacuated from Thornton Heath Pond flat fire
Twelve people were evacuated from flats in Thornton Heath this morning (January 7) when a home caught fire.
Firefighters led seven people to safety from the flat fire in London Road at around 6am and another five people were led out from the adjacent flat.
The blaze badly damaged a flat which covered the first and second floors of the address and two men had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Four fire engines, from Croydon and Norbury fire stations, attended the incident with a total of 21 firefighters and officers at the scene.
The fire was declared as being under control by 7.13am and the cause is now under investigation.
Did you see the fire? Call the newsroom on 020 8722 6353 or email email@example.com.
- Seller of drugs that caused teen's death jailed for five years
- Vomit is key piece of evidence in violent thug's trial
- Nine projects shortlisted for Crystal Palace Park £2.4m improvements programme
- Fresh appeal over teen DJ murder
- Drug dealer facing jail over teen's ecstasy death
Comments are closed on this article.