Twelve people evacuated from Thornton Heath Pond flat fire
Twelve people were evacuated from flats in Thornton Heath this morning (January 7) when a home caught fire.
Firefighters led seven people to safety from the flat fire in London Road at around 6am and another five people were led out from the adjacent flat.
The blaze badly damaged a flat which covered the first and second floors of the address and two men had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Four fire engines, from Croydon and Norbury fire stations, attended the incident with a total of 21 firefighters and officers at the scene.
The fire was declared as being under control by 7.13am and the cause is now under investigation.
Did you see the fire? Call the newsroom on 020 8722 6353 or email email@example.com.
- Burglars posed as golfers and stole £750,000 from locker rooms
- Oscar Pistorius fired gun during lunch with Croydon athlete, court told
- Purley Way reopened after head on collision which left three men in hospital
- Tributes to dedicated fundraiser Chantal Campbell
- Man arrested following police raid on Woodside cannabis factory
Comments are closed on this article.