Twelve people were evacuated from flats in Thornton Heath this morning (January 7) when a home caught fire.
Firefighters led seven people to safety from the flat fire in London Road at around 6am and another five people were led out from the adjacent flat.
The blaze badly damaged a flat which covered the first and second floors of the address and two men had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Four fire engines, from Croydon and Norbury fire stations, attended the incident with a total of 21 firefighters and officers at the scene.
The fire was declared as being under control by 7.13am and the cause is now under investigation.
Did you see the fire? Call the newsroom on 020 8722 6353 or email email@example.com.
- Father spared jail after crashing car and injuring children before assaulting ex-girlfriend
- These filthy restaurant pictures will put you off your dinner: The owner has to pay £24,122 for breaking food hygiene rules
- Croydon children told where they will be going to primary school
- Monks Hill Sports Centre is back in business and open for public use
- Lib Dem who opposed Sutton Council's incinerator plan suspended