Twelve people evacuated from Thornton Heath Pond flat fire
Twelve people were evacuated from flats in Thornton Heath this morning (January 7) when a home caught fire.
Firefighters led seven people to safety from the flat fire in London Road at around 6am and another five people were led out from the adjacent flat.
The blaze badly damaged a flat which covered the first and second floors of the address and two men had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Four fire engines, from Croydon and Norbury fire stations, attended the incident with a total of 21 firefighters and officers at the scene.
The fire was declared as being under control by 7.13am and the cause is now under investigation.
Did you see the fire? Call the newsroom on 020 8722 6353 or email email@example.com.
- Journeys to be disrupted as London Bridge station closes for a week
- Man in his 50's dies after being hit by a car
- Croydon-based firm backs the Underwear Rule
- Cricketer Mark Butcher and celebrity chef Cyrus Todiwala are world food fest special guests
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
Comments are closed on this article.