Imagine spending years building up a collection of classic cars and then it being lifted away.
This is exactly what happened to one man in Livingston Road, South Norwood, (January 7) when the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) seized his untaxed vehicles, including a MGB GT.
Tomorrow they are said to be returning to take away a Bentley which they did not seize today because it was too heavy to put on a standard flatbed truck.
Police officers were called to support the DVLA operation.
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway