Imagine spending years building up a collection of classic cars and then it being lifted away.
This is exactly what happened to one man in Livingston Road, South Norwood, (January 7) when the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) seized his untaxed vehicles, including a MGB GT.
Tomorrow they are said to be returning to take away a Bentley which they did not seize today because it was too heavy to put on a standard flatbed truck.
Police officers were called to support the DVLA operation.
- Boundary commission slaps down Conservative proposals to cut number of Croydon councillors
- Cyclist killed by car during race in France
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- Met police officer and council worker cleared of misusing work computers in dispute over dodgy second-hand car
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch