Imagine spending years building up a collection of classic cars and then it being lifted away.
This is exactly what happened to one man in Livingston Road, South Norwood, (January 7) when the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) seized his untaxed vehicles, including a MGB GT.
Tomorrow they are said to be returning to take away a Bentley which they did not seize today because it was too heavy to put on a standard flatbed truck.
Police officers were called to support the DVLA operation.
- Nearly 300 unqualified teachers working in Croydon's classrooms as MP claims borough is 'test lab' for Government policy
- Extra workers drafted in to help keep Croydon clean
- Retired fireman facing trial for bludgeoning adopted son to death as friends pay tribute to 'genuine, happy guy'
- LIVE: Future of borough discussed at Develop Croydon summit
- Family of Robbie Hughes complain to Met Police after officers start business with thug who attacked him