An exhibition about an influential Hindu monk was held at the weekend.
The SV150 committee and charity Subrang Arts put together an exhibition entitled The Life of Vivekananda and the Ancient Indian Civilisation.
Held at Archbishop Lanfranc School the exhibition focused on Swami Vivekananda, a Hindu monk, who was instrumental in introducing Indian philosophies to the western world.
It was also the 150th birth anniversary of Vivekananda in 2013.
- Newsagent in New Addington robbed at knifepoint as staff collect newspaper bundles
- Thugs guilty of community centre murder after brutally attacking father-of-two sitting quietly at computer
- Kevin Costner films scenes for Hollywood blockbuster in family-run Croydon shop
- Flood fears after £3m restaurant quarter redevelopment works
- Trains disrupted after 'explosion' on tracks near East Croydon station