Teenagers had to phone home for help when they became trapped in a lift in a multi-storey car park in Purley last night.
One of the three youths used a mobile phone to call their parents who then phoned the fire brigade on Wednesday, January 8.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at the back of Purley Pool and Recreation Centre at about 9pm and freed the two boys and one girl.
It is believed the trio had been stuck in the lift on the top floor of the car park for about 30 minutes.
- Crystal Palace boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Hundreds stage emotional protest over critically ill dad's care at Croydon University Hospital
- Police working to make domestic violence victims feel safe
- Prolific burglars jailed for supermarket sweep
- Outstanding work with unemployed people nets Marks and Spencer staff top prize