Teenagers had to phone home for help when they became trapped in a lift in a multi-storey car park in Purley last night.
One of the three youths used a mobile phone to call their parents who then phoned the fire brigade on Wednesday, January 8.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at the back of Purley Pool and Recreation Centre at about 9pm and freed the two boys and one girl.
It is believed the trio had been stuck in the lift on the top floor of the car park for about 30 minutes.
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- DISMISSED: Racist police sergeant who 'deliberately ignored' reports of a fatal stabbing found guilty of misconduct
- Croydon Council to 'urgently' look at road safety after death of cyclist
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to bring spirit of the Proms to Croydon
- See Helen Mirren as the Queen again in The Audience on screen in Croydon