Teenagers had to phone home for help when they became trapped in a lift in a multi-storey car park in Purley last night.
One of the three youths used a mobile phone to call their parents who then phoned the fire brigade on Wednesday, January 8.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at the back of Purley Pool and Recreation Centre at about 9pm and freed the two boys and one girl.
It is believed the trio had been stuck in the lift on the top floor of the car park for about 30 minutes.
- Crystal Palace urged to pay staff London Living Wage by Sadiq Khan
- Croydon mum to run distance between Gatwick and Orlando to raise funds for children's charity
- 'They've no compassion': Mother of severely disabled child's battle with council over suitable home
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know
- UPDATE: 'vulnerable' missing mum and her two sons found safe and well