Teenagers had to phone home for help when they became trapped in a lift in a multi-storey car park in Purley last night.
One of the three youths used a mobile phone to call their parents who then phoned the fire brigade on Wednesday, January 8.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at the back of Purley Pool and Recreation Centre at about 9pm and freed the two boys and one girl.
It is believed the trio had been stuck in the lift on the top floor of the car park for about 30 minutes.
- Croydon council to spend £9m extending agency staff contracts after offering redundancy to entire workforce
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- GLA elections: The candidates vying for votes in Croydon and Sutton
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish