Teenagers had to phone home for help when they became trapped in a lift in a multi-storey car park in Purley last night.
One of the three youths used a mobile phone to call their parents who then phoned the fire brigade on Wednesday, January 8.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at the back of Purley Pool and Recreation Centre at about 9pm and freed the two boys and one girl.
It is believed the trio had been stuck in the lift on the top floor of the car park for about 30 minutes.
- Lorry driver caught bringing undeclared alcohol into UK from France has licence suspended
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Large office block to make way for mixed development including more than 30 affordable homes
- Homeowners in SW19 and nearby can net thousands of pounds from Wimbledon tennis tournament
- Work on controversial incinerator set to start next month