Croydon police is searching for new recruits to advise them what to do.
If you think you are up to the job then you are invited to join the independent advisory group (IAG), which gives advice to the borough’s top cops.
The aim of the group is to provide an external and independent view on policing issues, such as major criminal investigations, crime and community safety.
Advisors are volunteers and are neither accountable nor liable for the advice given.
Croydon IAG chairman said: “We're looking for new people to join the IAG that are part of, and know their community well.
“This is a great opportunity for somebody who can think strategically and wants to offer their expertise and experience to assist and guide the local police command team in on the impact of policing decisions in Croydon's communities and have a real influence on policing in the borough."
Anyone interested in applying should contact Croydon police by February 28.
Either write to Sarah Prebble, Independent Advisory Group Recruitment, Croydon Police Station, 71 Park Lane Croydon, CR9 1BP, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and put IAG Information Pack in the subject line.
- Teenager admits knifing to death South Norwood man - but claims stabbing was self-defence after drug deal went wrong
- Baby fighting for life after car crashes with lorry in South Croydon
- PARTY TIME! Send us your school prom photos for our gallery
- A day of remembrance - 100 years since the beginning of the Battle of The Somme we ask our readers for their stories of that most terrible of battles
- A National Trust tour of Croydon? Organisation to celebrate borough’s ‘post-war ambition’