Trams came to a standstill at East Croydon this morning after an elderly man had a fall near the station.
He is being treated by London Ambulance Service staff at the scene for a suspected head injury.
Emergency services were called at 11.15am to deal with the incident.
A good service resumed on the trams at about 12:30pm.
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- House damaged in Thornton Heath fire
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- Police appeal after man suffers knife wounds in Thornton Heath mugging