Croydon Council launches search for inspirational volunteers
Nominations are now being accepted by Croydon Council for the annual Croydon community and civic awards, which recognises the work volunteers within the community.
Judges will be looking for examples of volunteering that significantly benefits other people and sets a benchmark for excellence, both locally and nationally.
The shortlisting process will take into account the level of need being addressed and how volunteers have overcome obstacles to make a difference.
The categories are:
• Volunteer of the Year
• Personal Achievement Award
• Lifetime Achievement Award
• Young Volunteer of the Year
• Carer of the Year
• Fundraiser of the Year
• Employees of the Year
• Voluntary Group of the Year
• Civic Life Award
Councillor Vidhi Mohan, cabinet member for communities and economic development, said: "Every year we have a tough job picking out the finalists from a strong list of nominations. It’s even harder to choose the winners.
"It’s important to provide recognition to people who dedicate so much of their time, energy and enthusiasm to good causes."
The closing date for nominations is March 31. Three finalists from each category will then be invited to a ceremony on June 19. Full details are available at www.croydon.gov.uk/civicawards.
- Death fall killer Valodia Tarasov has been captured - brother remains on the run
- Two arrested in cannabis raid
- Killers on the run - call 999 if you see Tarasov brothers
- Robber behind bars after 'appalling level of violence' against mum in the street
- Fifty Shades of Grey - watch the trailer
Comments are closed on this article.