The whiff of a spliff helped police officers weed out cannabis criminals near Crystal Palace Park yesterday evening.
At 10.30pm, officers were on patrol in Crystal Palace Park Road when they noticed a strong smell of cannabis.
They approached a detached house, where a man was placing large bags inside a wheelie bin.
The man saw the police and immediately ran off into Crystal Palace Park.
Officers entered the house and found it had been converted into a cannabis factory, with four large rooms set up with ventilating and heating equipment, and more than 500 fully grown cannabis plants.
The suspect was in the process of cropping and moving the cannabis out of the home when disturbed by police.
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the man.
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- House damaged in Thornton Heath fire
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- Police appeal after man suffers knife wounds in Thornton Heath mugging
- Which of these 10 takeaways should be named the best in south London?