The whiff of a spliff helped police officers weed out cannabis criminals near Crystal Palace Park yesterday evening.
At 10.30pm, officers were on patrol in Crystal Palace Park Road when they noticed a strong smell of cannabis.
They approached a detached house, where a man was placing large bags inside a wheelie bin.
The man saw the police and immediately ran off into Crystal Palace Park.
Officers entered the house and found it had been converted into a cannabis factory, with four large rooms set up with ventilating and heating equipment, and more than 500 fully grown cannabis plants.
The suspect was in the process of cropping and moving the cannabis out of the home when disturbed by police.
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the man.
- Car ploughs into Surrey Street market after armed robbery sparks police chase
- Two men charged with firearm offences after Norbury police raid
- Find them: These photos are a sad reminder of London's missing children
- Man charged with Thornton Heath crossbow burglary
- It's the 100th birthday today of a lady who yearns to keep a chicken in her care home like the old times