The whiff of a spliff helped police officers weed out cannabis criminals near Crystal Palace Park yesterday evening.
At 10.30pm, officers were on patrol in Crystal Palace Park Road when they noticed a strong smell of cannabis.
They approached a detached house, where a man was placing large bags inside a wheelie bin.
The man saw the police and immediately ran off into Crystal Palace Park.
Officers entered the house and found it had been converted into a cannabis factory, with four large rooms set up with ventilating and heating equipment, and more than 500 fully grown cannabis plants.
The suspect was in the process of cropping and moving the cannabis out of the home when disturbed by police.
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the man.
- New Addington man behind famous Christmas lights accused of further child sex offences and pornography charges
- Council to launch High Court legal action in bid to stop 'dangerous' Croydon Cruise
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- EXPLAINED: The new 105 phone number and what else you should do in a power cut
- Croydon man jailed for stealing and defrauding Charlton employer out of £260,000