Police sniff out large cannabis factory near Crystal Palace Park
The whiff of a spliff helped police officers weed out cannabis criminals near Crystal Palace Park yesterday evening.
At 10.30pm, officers were on patrol in Crystal Palace Park Road when they noticed a strong smell of cannabis.
They approached a detached house, where a man was placing large bags inside a wheelie bin.
The man saw the police and immediately ran off into Crystal Palace Park.
Officers entered the house and found it had been converted into a cannabis factory, with four large rooms set up with ventilating and heating equipment, and more than 500 fully grown cannabis plants.
The suspect was in the process of cropping and moving the cannabis out of the home when disturbed by police.
Enquiries are ongoing to trace the man.
- Welsh international rugby star 'attacked glamour model and former Miss Wales' at Dane Bowers's Croydon house
- Alleged drug dealers appear in court over Daniel Spargo-Mabbs death
- Croydon Village Outlet employee 'sexually assaulted woman in store'
- Crime in Croydon falls by nearly 10 per cent - new figures
- Basketball star Luol Deng to run summer camp in Crystal Palace
Comments are closed on this article.