A witness has described a gang related fight which led to a teenager being stabbed in the early hours of this morning.
The 18-year-old was found with stab wounds in Queens Road, at the junction with Pawson's Road near Queens Road cemetery, with stab wounds at about 1.45am.
He was taken to hospital and his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
One resident, who witnessed the incident, said the fight broke out between nine men after they had pulled up in cars.
He said it lasted about 10 minutes and objects were thrown at each other before they all dispersed, with the police arriving a few minutes later.
The resident said: “I have been told it was gang related which is quite worrying really. You don’t want that happening.
“It is a busy road but it is not often things like this happen. It was over quite quickly but I didn’t want to go out there.
“They arrived in cars and it all kind of spilled out from there. There were objects thrown as well but then they dispersed.”
Another resident said: “Something like this happening is a bit surprising as generally it is a quiet road but we had a shooting on this road a few years ago so things like this can happen.”
Three men, who are aged in their late teens to early 20s, were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
They all remain in custody at a south London police station.
- Is your home secure? Metropolitan Police launches London-wide crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- Two men jailed for 'despicable' attack on pensioner in Thornton Heath
- Company calls on Croydon kids to audition for this year's panto
- Support for cancer charity sees Purley turn purple
- South Norwood couple 'so shocked they nearly slipped over' after finding bananas growing in their garden