A 16-year-old schoolboy has died after reportedly taking drugs at a party.
Daniel Spargo-Mabbs, a sixth-form student at Archbishop Tenison's Church of England High School, died yesterday afternoon after fighting for his life in hospital.
Russ Spargo, a family member, tweeted on Sunday: "Dan's only 16 fighting for his life. Went to a rave, took Ecstasy. V bad reaction. He's fighting for his life."
Last night he wrote: "Man down... Bless him Dan died about 12.50 We're all shell shocked."
Richard Parrish, headteacher at the Selborne Road school, yesterday cancelled sixth-form classes and wrote to parents to inform them of the news.
He said: "It is with great regret that I have to write and tell you that a student in Year 12, Daniel Spargo-Mabbs, was taken ill over the weekend and has died at lunchtime today.
"Since this directly affected every member of the sixth form we spoke to both Year 12 and Year 13 at the start of afternoon school and have cancelled lessons this afternoon.
"We are still taking in this terrible news.
"As you can appreciate this will have a significant impact on the whole school community this week and for some time to come.
"Please support Daniel’s family, his closest friends and the school with your prayers as we go through this together."
Did you know Daniel? Call the newsdesk on 0208 722 6351 or email email@example.com
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- New state of the art 'tech hub' opens in Croydon town centre
- SACKED: Racist police sergeant who 'deliberately ignored' reports of a fatal stabbing found guilty of misconduct
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs