A pensioner has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a mum on the way to pick up her kids from school.
Shelton Hoilett, 76, is charged with causing the death of Charmaine Duncan, 29, by careless driving on March 19 last year.
Miss Duncan was on her way to pick up her two children from school when she was hit by car when she was crossing Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath.
She was taken to hospital but died on March 22. A post mortem examination gave her cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Hoilett appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court today and will attend a hearing at Croydon Crown Court in February. He was released on unconditional bail.
- Heartless scammers posing as psychics targeting vulnerable people
- 'I made tea for Alf Ramsey': 50 years since England won the World Cup, we take a look at ordinary Londoners who played their part
- Man aged in 30s found dead in Thornton Heath street
- Man, 46, pleads guilty to forcing way into pensioner's home and raping her in 'horrific' attack
- Footballer 'raped woman' after meeting her at bus stop on a night out