Man appears in court over road death of Thornton Heath mum
A pensioner has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a mum on the way to pick up her kids from school.
Shelton Hoilett, 76, is charged with causing the death of Charmaine Duncan, 29, by careless driving on March 19 last year.
Miss Duncan was on her way to pick up her two children from school when she was hit by car when she was crossing Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath.
She was taken to hospital but died on March 22. A post mortem examination gave her cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Hoilett appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court today and will attend a hearing at Croydon Crown Court in February. He was released on unconditional bail.
- One Direction boys perform at primary school - sort of
- Short-changed Croydon schools to get £278 extra per pupil from Government
- Jail for burglar caught after public tipped off police
- Crystal Palace midfielder opens bookmakers
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed