A pensioner has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a mum on the way to pick up her kids from school.
Shelton Hoilett, 76, is charged with causing the death of Charmaine Duncan, 29, by careless driving on March 19 last year.
Miss Duncan was on her way to pick up her two children from school when she was hit by car when she was crossing Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath.
She was taken to hospital but died on March 22. A post mortem examination gave her cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Hoilett appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court today and will attend a hearing at Croydon Crown Court in February. He was released on unconditional bail.
- Kettles, fridges and even frying pans – the innovative smart tech that could simplify our life
- Pack a brolly: Wet and windy start to the day with outbreaks of drizzle throughout the afternoon
- Heathrow anti-expansion campaigners host mock 70th birthday celebrations for the airport
- What's On: 17 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 'Hometown pride' of Croydon to be represented in new fashion label