A pensioner has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a mum on the way to pick up her kids from school.
Shelton Hoilett, 76, is charged with causing the death of Charmaine Duncan, 29, by careless driving on March 19 last year.
Miss Duncan was on her way to pick up her two children from school when she was hit by car when she was crossing Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath.
She was taken to hospital but died on March 22. A post mortem examination gave her cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Hoilett appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court today and will attend a hearing at Croydon Crown Court in February. He was released on unconditional bail.
- Life sentences for thugs who beat father-of-two to death in community centre attack
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?
- Your guide to Halloween events across Croydon
- Send us your scariest Halloween pictures
- Street food revolution will move indoors when Surrey StrEatery launches with a bang