A pensioner has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a mum on the way to pick up her kids from school.
Shelton Hoilett, 76, is charged with causing the death of Charmaine Duncan, 29, by careless driving on March 19 last year.
Miss Duncan was on her way to pick up her two children from school when she was hit by car when she was crossing Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath.
She was taken to hospital but died on March 22. A post mortem examination gave her cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Hoilett appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court today and will attend a hearing at Croydon Crown Court in February. He was released on unconditional bail.
- Network Rail reportedly set to lose sole control of British rail infrastructure
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan to spend 'record amount' on London cycling initiatives
- The Sun apologises after mistakenly using picture of Croydon tram crash wreckage to illustrate story about Coronation Street
- Croydon chef finalist for Best Takeaway Chef in Britain
- Fears for 'safety and wellbeing' of missing teenage girl with links to south west London