A pensioner has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a mum on the way to pick up her kids from school.
Shelton Hoilett, 76, is charged with causing the death of Charmaine Duncan, 29, by careless driving on March 19 last year.
Miss Duncan was on her way to pick up her two children from school when she was hit by car when she was crossing Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath.
She was taken to hospital but died on March 22. A post mortem examination gave her cause of death as multiple injuries.
Mr Hoilett appeared at Croydon Magistrates Court today and will attend a hearing at Croydon Crown Court in February. He was released on unconditional bail.
- Croydon man who repeatedly beat and raped a woman during days of torture jailed for 19 years
- Croydon's first cycle fest was one to remember
- What's your excuse? Croydon residents encouraged to vote, with major ad campaign and mobile van
- 'South London is ours' - Crystal Palace have taken to the streets to release their new home kit
- 'Cold-hearted fraudsters' have scammed an elderly lady of thousands