Escaped New Addington teen's killer Lerone Boye arrested in Chigwell after three months on the run
A murderer who sparked a manhunt after escaping from a mental health unit has been arrested.
Lerone Boye was held in a planned operation at just before 4pm yesterday at a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
The 27-year-old had been on the run since absconding from a mental health unit in east London on October 16.
Boye was one of four men jailed for knifing to death Mr Chibueze who lived in New Addington, as two rival groups of friends faced off outside Arteflex Club.
After stabbing him through the heart, Mr Chibueze's killers then chased him down as he tried to flee, beating him and knifing him again before leaving him to die in a nearby car park.
Police had offered £15,000 for information leading to his capture after he escaped from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton.
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
- Polish man who committed more than 81 burglaries arrested on a European Arrest Warrant
Comments are closed on this article.