A murderer who sparked a manhunt after escaping from a mental health unit has been arrested.
Lerone Boye was held in a planned operation at just before 4pm yesterday at a house in Elderberry Close, Chigwell.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
The 27-year-old had been on the run since absconding from a mental health unit in east London on October 16.
Boye was one of four men jailed for knifing to death Mr Chibueze who lived in New Addington, as two rival groups of friends faced off outside Arteflex Club.
After stabbing him through the heart, Mr Chibueze's killers then chased him down as he tried to flee, beating him and knifing him again before leaving him to die in a nearby car park.
Police had offered £15,000 for information leading to his capture after he escaped from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton.
- Strip Southern of its franchise after strike-hit railway scores lowest in customer satisfaction, union says
- Man caught in possession of handguns and a revolver jailed
- Potholes could appear at 'unprecedented rate' in 2017: Send us photos of the current problems near you
- Council to consult with residents on plans to build 500 new homes on its former HQ
- Fresh police search for missing father Robert Gibson launched