Architects from across the world have expressed an interest in designing the new Crystal Palace.
The submissions from 40 practices in the United Kingdom, USA, France, Germany, Denmark, Chile, Italy and The Netherlands will now be assessed and a list of five drawn up by a selection panel.
These five teams will be asked to prepare a more detailed submission and presentation before up to three are selected to reach the final selection stage.
The winning architect practice is expected to be chosen in the summer.
ZhongRong Group, which is behind the proposal to rebuild the Crystal Palace, wants the structure to be built in the spirit of Joseph Paxton’s original.
The selection panel will include the ZhongRong Group and members of the advisory board for the Crystal Palace project, which is chaired by the Mayor of London and includes Bromley Council’s leader Councillor Stephen Carr.
Click here for more information on the Crystal Palace project.
- Heartless scammers posing as psychics targeting vulnerable people
- 'I made tea for Alf Ramsey': 50 years since England won the World Cup, we take a look at ordinary Londoners who played their part
- Man aged in 30s found dead in Thornton Heath street
- Man, 46, pleads guilty to forcing way into pensioner's home and raping her in 'horrific' attack
- Footballer 'raped woman' after meeting her at bus stop on a night out