Architects from across globe clamour for new Crystal Palace job
Architects from across the world have expressed an interest in designing the new Crystal Palace.
The submissions from 40 practices in the United Kingdom, USA, France, Germany, Denmark, Chile, Italy and The Netherlands will now be assessed and a list of five drawn up by a selection panel.
These five teams will be asked to prepare a more detailed submission and presentation before up to three are selected to reach the final selection stage.
The winning architect practice is expected to be chosen in the summer.
ZhongRong Group, which is behind the proposal to rebuild the Crystal Palace, wants the structure to be built in the spirit of Joseph Paxton’s original.
The selection panel will include the ZhongRong Group and members of the advisory board for the Crystal Palace project, which is chaired by the Mayor of London and includes Bromley Council’s leader Councillor Stephen Carr.
Click here for more information on the Crystal Palace project.
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers
- Burst water pipe causes disruption near Croydon University Hospital
- Croydon courtrooms shut as lawyers strike over legal aid
Comments are closed on this article.