Architects from across the world have expressed an interest in designing the new Crystal Palace.
The submissions from 40 practices in the United Kingdom, USA, France, Germany, Denmark, Chile, Italy and The Netherlands will now be assessed and a list of five drawn up by a selection panel.
These five teams will be asked to prepare a more detailed submission and presentation before up to three are selected to reach the final selection stage.
The winning architect practice is expected to be chosen in the summer.
ZhongRong Group, which is behind the proposal to rebuild the Crystal Palace, wants the structure to be built in the spirit of Joseph Paxton’s original.
The selection panel will include the ZhongRong Group and members of the advisory board for the Crystal Palace project, which is chaired by the Mayor of London and includes Bromley Council’s leader Councillor Stephen Carr.
Click here for more information on the Crystal Palace project.
- After year of dry taps and toilets Thames Water bosses quizzed about supply problems
- Knifeman hunted by police after he presses weapon against passenger's face and tries to rob him
- Police hunt flasher who 'pulled down pants and fondled himself' in front of young women on train
- Brave boy hoping to be first in UK to survive double transplant operation, but it could lead to his death
- Family and friends pay tribute to 'kind, gentle' school caretaker who died under lorry