Architects from across the world have expressed an interest in designing the new Crystal Palace.
The submissions from 40 practices in the United Kingdom, USA, France, Germany, Denmark, Chile, Italy and The Netherlands will now be assessed and a list of five drawn up by a selection panel.
These five teams will be asked to prepare a more detailed submission and presentation before up to three are selected to reach the final selection stage.
The winning architect practice is expected to be chosen in the summer.
ZhongRong Group, which is behind the proposal to rebuild the Crystal Palace, wants the structure to be built in the spirit of Joseph Paxton’s original.
The selection panel will include the ZhongRong Group and members of the advisory board for the Crystal Palace project, which is chaired by the Mayor of London and includes Bromley Council’s leader Councillor Stephen Carr.
Click here for more information on the Crystal Palace project.
- DISMISSED: Racist police sergeant who 'deliberately ignored' reports of a fatal stabbing found guilty of misconduct
- Croydon Council to 'urgently' look at road safety after death of cyclist
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to bring spirit of the Proms to Croydon
- See Helen Mirren as the Queen again in The Audience on screen in Croydon
- Scorned lover cleared of pouring scalding coffee on ex boyfriend's face