Road closures in Wellesley Road area of Croydon as snapped IYLO building crane is removed
Works to remove a damaged crane which snapped in storms over the weekend will mean road closures and diversions for motorists in Croydon.
Engineers will be removing the snapped crane from the IYLO building in Wellesley Road and roads will be shut from midnight tomorrow.
The closures are likely to remain in effect throughout Wednesday.
As well as the northern end of Wellesley Road, closures will also be in place between Station Road and St James Road both ways and on St James Road from Tavistock Road to the junction with Whitehorse Road.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “While it is hoped the work will be completed within a day drivers should check in advance before travelling on Thursday.”
- 'Record number' of children secure sought-after school places despite rising demand
- Police called as politician gets involved in blue badge parking row
- Teenager from Sutton named Young Person of the Year for helping youngsters cope with issues
- Five charged with violent disorder following town centre brawl
- Comedian Eddie Izzard enjoying Crystal Palace success
Comments are closed on this article.