Works to remove a damaged crane which snapped in storms over the weekend will mean road closures and diversions for motorists in Croydon.
Engineers will be removing the snapped crane from the IYLO building in Wellesley Road and roads will be shut from midnight tomorrow.
The closures are likely to remain in effect throughout Wednesday.
As well as the northern end of Wellesley Road, closures will also be in place between Station Road and St James Road both ways and on St James Road from Tavistock Road to the junction with Whitehorse Road.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “While it is hoped the work will be completed within a day drivers should check in advance before travelling on Thursday.”
- What's On: 17 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 'Hometown pride' of Croydon to be represented in new fashion label
- Tram services added to TfL tube map for first time
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- New state of the art 'tech hub' opens in Croydon town centre