Works to remove a damaged crane which snapped in storms over the weekend will mean road closures and diversions for motorists in Croydon.
Engineers will be removing the snapped crane from the IYLO building in Wellesley Road and roads will be shut from midnight tomorrow.
The closures are likely to remain in effect throughout Wednesday.
As well as the northern end of Wellesley Road, closures will also be in place between Station Road and St James Road both ways and on St James Road from Tavistock Road to the junction with Whitehorse Road.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “While it is hoped the work will be completed within a day drivers should check in advance before travelling on Thursday.”
- David Cameron says fate of country rests on voting for Gavin Barwell
- Battle for Croydon North moves to Praise House
- Sex 'will destroy your soul', Catholic schoolgirls told in lesson
- UPDATE: 'Machete man' hunted by police
- Grants building in Croydon sold to investment management company for £33m