Works to remove a damaged crane which snapped in storms over the weekend will mean road closures and diversions for motorists in Croydon.
Engineers will be removing the snapped crane from the IYLO building in Wellesley Road and roads will be shut from midnight tomorrow.
The closures are likely to remain in effect throughout Wednesday.
As well as the northern end of Wellesley Road, closures will also be in place between Station Road and St James Road both ways and on St James Road from Tavistock Road to the junction with Whitehorse Road.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “While it is hoped the work will be completed within a day drivers should check in advance before travelling on Thursday.”
- Vulnerable children in Croydon waiting too long to see social workers, warn inspectors
- Teenager rushed to hospital after being stabbed in Croydon
- ‘It’s OAP’s 11’ – The Hatton Garden Job's director and producer tell us what to expect from the film
- This is how to beat the deadly effect of sitting at a desk all day - and, no, it's not the gym
- Lloyds Bank to close 200 branches and cut 3,000 jobs after Brexit fallout