Road closures in Wellesley Road area of Croydon as snapped IYLO building crane is removed
Works to remove a damaged crane which snapped in storms over the weekend will mean road closures and diversions for motorists in Croydon.
Engineers will be removing the snapped crane from the IYLO building in Wellesley Road and roads will be shut from midnight tomorrow.
The closures are likely to remain in effect throughout Wednesday.
As well as the northern end of Wellesley Road, closures will also be in place between Station Road and St James Road both ways and on St James Road from Tavistock Road to the junction with Whitehorse Road.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “While it is hoped the work will be completed within a day drivers should check in advance before travelling on Thursday.”
- Met urged to 'come clean' as explosive new links revealed between murders of Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence
- TRAFFIC: Delays expected in South Norwood and Woodside due to bridge closure
- Students 'rise to the challenge' with Beauty and the Beast
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
- 'Despicable' care home nurse stole thousands of pounds from 98-year-old resident
Comments are closed on this article.