Works to remove a damaged crane which snapped in storms over the weekend will mean road closures and diversions for motorists in Croydon.
Engineers will be removing the snapped crane from the IYLO building in Wellesley Road and roads will be shut from midnight tomorrow.
The closures are likely to remain in effect throughout Wednesday.
As well as the northern end of Wellesley Road, closures will also be in place between Station Road and St James Road both ways and on St James Road from Tavistock Road to the junction with Whitehorse Road.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “While it is hoped the work will be completed within a day drivers should check in advance before travelling on Thursday.”
- POLL: More than half of Londoners admit to dipping their wick in the office goods. Have you?
- Fire breaks out in fourth-floor flat in Purley
- Popular nightclub to close and make way for football stadium redevelopment
- How will our area fare when Storm Dorris hammers UK with 80mph winds, heavy rain and snow?
- Jailed: 'Reprehensible' conmen who swindled elderly victim out of hundreds of thousands of pounds