A 20-year-old man who was arrested in Croydon has admitted killing a man with Asperger's Syndrome outside a shop in Bournemouth.
Lewis Gill, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to manslaughter at Winchester Crown Court on Friday following the death of Andrew Young.
Mr Young, who had Asperger's Syndrome, sustained a head injury following an altercation outside a Tesco Express on November 6 last year.
He was taken to Southampton Hospital where he died. Police arrested Gill in Croydon two days later and he was then charged with manslaughter.
Gill has been remanded in custody following Friday’s hearing and will be sentenced at the same court on February 21 after a pre-sentence report is prepared.
CCTV of the incident will be shown to the court when he is sentenced.
- Estate agent stole clients’ bank details while showing them homes
- Croydon Boxpark has a new restaurant opening tomorrow
- This summer’s Croydon Food and Music will be the biggest ever
- Hotel evacuated due to fire in kitchen
- Watch the video that shows there could be something special waiting in the wings at Crystal Palace