Supermarket chain Morrisons is to open a new store in South Croydon on Saturday.
The Brighton Road shop, a branch of its convenience brand M Local, will be opened by pupils from nearby St Peter's Primary School at 9am.
The store, at former site of the Red Deer pub, will create 20 jobs.
Wajahat Malik, store manager, said: "We’re really pleased to be bringing Morrisons M local to South Croydon and will work hard to be at the heart of the local community.
"We really want our store to be more than a place for fresh food, we want it to be a hub for local people and local events."
The shop's usual opening hours will be 6am to 11pm.
- Private developer takes over plans to build 500 homes on former council HQ site
- More affordable housing for London as Sadiq Khan prepares to introduce 'non-negotiable' 35 per cent rate on private developments
- 'There's a squirrel trapped in my satellite dish' and other things the London Fire Brigade doesn't want to be called for
- Rail companies to 'cut fares' after investigation reveals cheap tickets were hidden forcing customers to pay more
- WEEKEND TRAVEL: These are the planned engineering works affecting the network in south west London and north Surrey this weekend