Work to remove snapped crane in Wellesley Road, Croydon, to last until midnight
Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Nurses cleared of covering up dementia patient's disappearance
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Stolen mobile phone returned to owner after being spotted on eBay
- Tribute for world renowned dancer who died in Norbury house fire
- VIDEO: Bus driver calls cyclist a 'knob' - TfL sorry
Comments are closed on this article.