Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Army recruiter guilty of sexually attacking cadets in Croydon
- Scouts helped with amputations, spotted bombs and made shelters during Second World War
- Arrested dealer tries to hide his drugs up his bottom for 21 days - before finally passing the evidence to cops
- ELECTION 2015: How her babies' fight for life and a song from The Mikado shaped Labour's Croydon Central candidate Sarah Jones
- Mobile phone crime wave suspects to appear in court