Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Dialysis manager 'Dodgy Hodgy' and fraudster friends sentenced for scamming hospital trust out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- 'Residents be damned' - Croydon Council pushes 1,000-home development plan despite mounting pressure
- Southern launch appeal against High Court decision to refuse it preventing drivers' strikes
- Bridge joint replacement to close M25 between Chertsey and Cobham next weekend
- Sadiq Khan accuses ministers of 'abandoning' Southern Rail passengers