Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Untrained receptionists are making decisions about patient care at Croydon GPs, report finds
- Illegal racers and stunt bikers could face jail after High Court backs clampdown on Croydon cruise
- Retired headteacher appeals conviction for having sex with 14-year-old boy
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you
- Child sex abuse inquiry 'will not work in current form,' say victims from Croydon care home