Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- David Darko murder: Teenager jailed for minimum of 19 years for fatal stabbing in South Norwood park
- Ale Mary: Croydon Minster to revive medieval tradition of blessing beer
- Govia Thameslink rail workers to ballot for industrial action over ticket office closure dispute
- British Transport Police warn London's young people about dangers of rail trespass amid summer spike
- Pete's Dragon (PG) review: Disney remake is an enjoyable, timeless adventure