Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- 'Help us bring Christmas to hospital for heart-op Danny'
- VIDEO: Winston McKenzie compares Ukip leader Nigel Farage to Jesus
- Man, 26, charged with grievous bodily harm after 'triple attack' in Waddon
- Police officers chase and catch 'knife-man' as he flees dock
- PICTURES: Police officers cook Christmas dinner for 53 elderly retirement flat residents