Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Penge grandfather threatened with deportation after living in UK for more than 50 years
- Peace vigil to be held in Croydon after Manchester terror attack
- More armed officers to be deployed at London events, including FA Cup final and Twickenham rugby final
- Plans for 514 new homes in Croydon have been approved to 'revitalise' Queen's Gardens