Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital
- Should the ban on grammar schools be lifted?
- Crystal Palace football club criticised by charity for failing to meet disabled toilet promise
- Drug that reverses ageing may be available to buy in three years