Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers
- Record number of runners to take on today's London Marathon
- Police staff member jailed for child porn possession and theft from work
- PICTURES: Teasy does it! It's World Tea Day today - here are the best places for a cuppa