Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- 'Operation Juddering Climax': Boris promises Sutton tram extension in colourful sign-off message
- Croydon cat killer crusaders urge supporters to stop sending 'abusive' messages to Ricky Gervais
- MP Chris Philp 'fails to understand' how first home buyers cannot afford a £10,000 deposit
- History teacher at Leatherhead school has vision saved by revolutionary gene therapy treatment
- Reunited: Puppy back with family five months after being snatched outside New Addington supermarket