Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Welsh international rugby star Ian Gough cleared of assault at Dane Bowers's home - he says: "The truth is out there"
- Ruskin Square development halted after Roman ruins discovered
- Croydon Christians to re-enact crucifixion of Jesus Christ
- Mother lay in the path of speeding train with toddler after 'being denied urgent psychiatric help'
- Police equipped with guns and shields descend on Wallington