Work to remove snapped crane in Wellesley Road, Croydon, to last until midnight
Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- Double shooting attempted murder suspect to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Cops wearing cameras 'to improve evidence'
- Knife crime and domestic violence are key priorities for Croydon's new borough commander
- Council criticised for failing to take action at danger junction
- Acclaimed playwright to bring Daniel Spargo-Mabbs's death to stage in play performed by former schoolmates
Comments are closed on this article.