Drivers are advised works to recover the damaged crane on top of an 18 storey building in Croydon which snapped in last weekend’s storms are still ongoing.
The work at the IYLO building in Wellesley Road was originally supposed to have been completed on Wednesday.
But Croydon Council says it could take until midnight tonight.
Engineers have removed the damaged crane and one of the cranes which was put up to remove it has also been taken down.
This has allowed Newgate and the southbound lane of Wellesley Road to be reopened.
But the second crane which had been used to remove the damaged crane is still at the scene.
It is being derigged and is set to be removed today.
- General Medical Council scraps second inquiry into conduct of doctor who sent racist messages
- Prolific burglar jailed after racking up a £700,000 haul in just four years
- Man arrested over the murder of Adrian Young
- Croydon police launches anti-crime poster campaign
- "Epsom would be welcomed into London with open arms", says Sutton and Croydon Assembly Member