Almost all of Broad Green is to fall under a dispersal order to give police power to banish "intimidating" youths from the area.
A six-month order will target key roads and hubs including London Road and West Croydon station in response to concerns raised by residents.
The order, imposed a partnership of council and police, allows officers to move on groups of people deemed to be behaving antisocially and prevent them returning for 24 hours.
Anywhere within the map above will be covered by the dispersal order
Councillor Simon Hoar, Croydon Council's cabinet member for community safety, said: "We know the public have been intimidated and harassed as a result of antisocial behaviour.
"This dispersal order will enable the police to tackle this persistent problem and help this community to feel safer. "
Sergeant Steve Ribano, leader of the Broad Green policing team, said: "People are concerned about street drinking in London Road and young people causing nuisance on the Tamworth Road estate.
"There are also concerns about antisocial behaviour around the transport hubs at West Croydon bus and railway stations. This dispersal order will help us to deal with this."
Coun Stuart Collins, a councillor for Broad Green, said he would back the dispersal zone as long as it was enforced fairly.
He said: "We are not trying to demonise young people, but historically there have been problems with gangs along London Road and there are always residents that say they feel a bit intimidated.
"If the police and the community want the dispersal order then we should support. If it makes the area safer, then I can’t really see any objection - providing it is conducted fairly and in accordance with the laws."
The areas covered by the order, which will run until July 12, are:
- London Road from the junction of Galpin’s Road and Warwick Road, to the junction of Oakfield Road
- Galpin’s Road to the junction of Silverleigh Road
- Warwick Road to the junction Goston Gardens
- Thornton Road
- Croydon Cemetery
- Wingate Crescent
- Moys Close
- Aurelia Road
- Brading Road
- Sumner Road
Do you feel intimidated in Broad Green? What do you think of the dispersal order? Post a comment below or email email@example.com.
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell said to be under investigation by police after claims he broke election spending laws
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel
- Bank Holiday Weekend weather: enjoy the sun while it lasts as Monday is set to be a washout