Almost all of Broad Green is to fall under a dispersal order to give police power to banish "intimidating" youths from the area.
A six-month order will target key roads and hubs including London Road and West Croydon station in response to concerns raised by residents.
The order, imposed a partnership of council and police, allows officers to move on groups of people deemed to be behaving antisocially and prevent them returning for 24 hours.
Anywhere within the map above will be covered by the dispersal order
Councillor Simon Hoar, Croydon Council's cabinet member for community safety, said: "We know the public have been intimidated and harassed as a result of antisocial behaviour.
"This dispersal order will enable the police to tackle this persistent problem and help this community to feel safer. "
Sergeant Steve Ribano, leader of the Broad Green policing team, said: "People are concerned about street drinking in London Road and young people causing nuisance on the Tamworth Road estate.
"There are also concerns about antisocial behaviour around the transport hubs at West Croydon bus and railway stations. This dispersal order will help us to deal with this."
Coun Stuart Collins, a councillor for Broad Green, said he would back the dispersal zone as long as it was enforced fairly.
He said: "We are not trying to demonise young people, but historically there have been problems with gangs along London Road and there are always residents that say they feel a bit intimidated.
"If the police and the community want the dispersal order then we should support. If it makes the area safer, then I can’t really see any objection - providing it is conducted fairly and in accordance with the laws."
The areas covered by the order, which will run until July 12, are:
- London Road from the junction of Galpin’s Road and Warwick Road, to the junction of Oakfield Road
- Galpin’s Road to the junction of Silverleigh Road
- Warwick Road to the junction Goston Gardens
- Thornton Road
- Croydon Cemetery
- Wingate Crescent
- Moys Close
- Aurelia Road
- Brading Road
- Sumner Road
Do you feel intimidated in Broad Green? What do you think of the dispersal order? Post a comment below or email email@example.com.
- Croydon student's video mocking post-Brexit racism goes viral with more than 750,000 views
- 'Stay vigilant and take precautions' Croydon Muslims told amid spike in hate crime after Brexit
- Family of mother who died in childbirth at Croydon hospital still waiting for answers more than six years later
- Centrale shopping centre removes changing room mirrors 'to make customers feel less body conscious'
- 'This dark threat must be removed': Fears Croydon cat killer has returned after two pets are found decapitated in Kingston and Worcester Park