Primary school pupils cut ribbon on new South Croydon supermarket
Primary school children helped to open the doors of supermarket chain Morrisons's new South Croydon store on Saturday.
Pupils from Normanton Road school St Peter's cut the ribbon on the branch convenience store M Local.
The store, at former site of the Red Deer pub, will create 20 jobs.
Wajahat Malik, store manager, said: "We’re really pleased to be bringing Morrisons M local to South Croydon and will work hard to be at the heart of the local community.
"We really want our store to be more than a place for fresh food, we want it to be a hub for local people and local events."
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Croydon boy, 14, arrested on suspicion of rape at Reading festival
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Odds slashed on shock Palace return for Pulis
- Woman dies after being hit by car in Purley
Comments are closed on this article.