Cairo is just a bike ride away for falafel fans pedalling their way to the land of the pharaohs in a Croydon eatery.
Customers at Just Falafel in Wellesley Road are invited to cycle at least 1km on the stationary bike to reach a 5,600km target – the distance from Croydon to Cairo.
The aim is to raise at least £5,000 for the British Heart Foundation, to coincide with National Heart Month.
Just Falafel Croydon’s franchise owner Ashen Liyanage said: “We feel it’s important for us to take an active role in promoting regular exercise and healthy eating within the local community.
“Every kilometre cycled will make a difference and raise money to fight heart disease.”
The initiative is part of Croydon Council’s heart town programme, a campaign to encourage businesses and workplaces to tackle and raise awareness of heart disease.
- Sutton and Croydon's best and worst-performing schools revealed
- Woman fined for 'horrendous' dumping of rubbish outside her home
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- Two wanted in connection to burglary and series of thefts
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?