VIDEO: Croydon falafel fans fundraising for British Heart Foundation with in-restaurant cycle ride
Cairo is just a bike ride away for falafel fans pedalling their way to the land of the pharaohs in a Croydon eatery.
Customers at Just Falafel in Wellesley Road are invited to cycle at least 1km on the stationary bike to reach a 5,600km target – the distance from Croydon to Cairo.
The aim is to raise at least £5,000 for the British Heart Foundation, to coincide with National Heart Month.
Just Falafel Croydon’s franchise owner Ashen Liyanage said: “We feel it’s important for us to take an active role in promoting regular exercise and healthy eating within the local community.
“Every kilometre cycled will make a difference and raise money to fight heart disease.”
The initiative is part of Croydon Council’s heart town programme, a campaign to encourage businesses and workplaces to tackle and raise awareness of heart disease.
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Croydon boy, 14, arrested on suspicion of rape at Reading festival
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Odds slashed on shock Palace return for Pulis
- Woman dies after being hit by car in Purley
Comments are closed on this article.