Cairo is just a bike ride away for falafel fans pedalling their way to the land of the pharaohs in a Croydon eatery.
Customers at Just Falafel in Wellesley Road are invited to cycle at least 1km on the stationary bike to reach a 5,600km target – the distance from Croydon to Cairo.
The aim is to raise at least £5,000 for the British Heart Foundation, to coincide with National Heart Month.
Just Falafel Croydon’s franchise owner Ashen Liyanage said: “We feel it’s important for us to take an active role in promoting regular exercise and healthy eating within the local community.
“Every kilometre cycled will make a difference and raise money to fight heart disease.”
The initiative is part of Croydon Council’s heart town programme, a campaign to encourage businesses and workplaces to tackle and raise awareness of heart disease.
- M25 speed camera fines to help make Surrey’s roads safer, says police and crime commissioner
- Croydon veterans remember the Rhine Crossing - and Sutton veteran Johnny Johnson
- Welsh international rugby star Ian Gough cleared of assault at Dane Bowers's home - he says: "The truth is out there"
- Ruskin Square development halted after Roman ruins discovered
- Croydon Christians to re-enact crucifixion of Jesus Christ