Cairo is just a bike ride away for falafel fans pedalling their way to the land of the pharaohs in a Croydon eatery.
Customers at Just Falafel in Wellesley Road are invited to cycle at least 1km on the stationary bike to reach a 5,600km target – the distance from Croydon to Cairo.
The aim is to raise at least £5,000 for the British Heart Foundation, to coincide with National Heart Month.
Just Falafel Croydon’s franchise owner Ashen Liyanage said: “We feel it’s important for us to take an active role in promoting regular exercise and healthy eating within the local community.
“Every kilometre cycled will make a difference and raise money to fight heart disease.”
The initiative is part of Croydon Council’s heart town programme, a campaign to encourage businesses and workplaces to tackle and raise awareness of heart disease.
- Father spared jail after crashing car and injuring children before assaulting ex-girlfriend
- These filthy restaurant pictures will put you off your dinner: The owner has to pay £24,122 for breaking food hygiene rules
- Croydon children told where they will be going to primary school
- Monks Hill Sports Centre is back in business and open for public use
- Lib Dem who opposed Sutton Council's incinerator plan suspended