Cairo is just a bike ride away for falafel fans pedalling their way to the land of the pharaohs in a Croydon eatery.
Customers at Just Falafel in Wellesley Road are invited to cycle at least 1km on the stationary bike to reach a 5,600km target – the distance from Croydon to Cairo.
The aim is to raise at least £5,000 for the British Heart Foundation, to coincide with National Heart Month.
Just Falafel Croydon’s franchise owner Ashen Liyanage said: “We feel it’s important for us to take an active role in promoting regular exercise and healthy eating within the local community.
“Every kilometre cycled will make a difference and raise money to fight heart disease.”
The initiative is part of Croydon Council’s heart town programme, a campaign to encourage businesses and workplaces to tackle and raise awareness of heart disease.
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell said to be under investigation by police after claims he broke election spending laws
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel