Shoppers took a trip to the Far East without ever leaving Croydon when they enjoyed the spectacle of Chinese New Year celebrations.
The two 45 minute shows at the Whitgift Centre on Sunday included traditional Chinese Lion dances, martial arts, and Chinese dance along with folk and opera singing performances.
And people could also get involved in the events to mark the start of the year of the horse by trying their hand at calligraphy, Chinese painting and horse craft workshops.
Sunday’s shows and workshops were put on by Croydon’s Kung Fu School and the Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine (CITCM) at London South Bank University.
- Absolutely Fabulous the Movie review: ‘the magic is still there’
- Fraudster jailed for spending spree with pensioners' bank cards
- Police appeal to find New Addington teenager who has been missing for nearly a month
- Detectives offer £20,000 reward to help solve mystery of South Norwood man found dead in street
- WEATHER: While you shake your fist at the rain, just remember it was 30 degrees this time last year...