Overnight fire at flats in Montgomery Close, Pollards Hill
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Q&A with Avenue Q stars ahead of their show in Croydon this summer
- PICTURES: Crucifixion re-enacted in Croydon
- Comedian Eddie Izzard hits the streets of Croydon for Labour campaign
- Croydon Village Outlet goes into administration - but 'new owner lined up'
- Animal rights activist jailed for six years after blackmail campaign involving bomb threats, paedophile smears and 'HIV-infected' tampons
Comments are closed on this article.