Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Thornton Heath man cleared of murder over 'senseless' Dagenham stabbing
- Blind cheek: getaway driver who feigned sight loss to trick jury found guilty of shotgun shooting
- Considerably richer than you: the south London and Surrey links of Britain's millionaires
- After depression awareness week, what are the top 10 signs you need to watch out for?
- The RNLI save lives on the Thames time and again. Now its your turn to help them