Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Social housing tenants could be required to live in Croydon for three years before getting on waiting list
- Croydon's health services 'need fairer funding deal'
- Private developer takes over plans to build 500 homes on former council HQ site
- Man jailed for raping Thornton Heath mum as her kids slept in the next room
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?