Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell said to be under investigation by police after claims he broke election spending laws
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Bank Holiday engineering work to be "least disruptive" of recent years as National Rail warn passengers to check before travel