Overnight fire at flats in Montgomery Close, Pollards Hill
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Boris Johnson: Crystal Palace tram extension 'absolutely guaranteed' by 2020
- "I was screaming." Mum relives ordeal after daughter killed in street in pushchair
- Terminally ill mother's anguish at her son's killer's apology snub
- Croydon to pioneer house enterprise zones in London
- Met urged to 'come clean' as explosive new links revealed between murders of Daniel Morgan and Stephen Lawrence
Comments are closed on this article.