Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Croydon police officer sacked for causing head-on crash and driving while drunk
- Croydon CCG 'urgently reviewing' spending as it looks to cut annual costs by £18.4m
- Tulisa trial case against 'Fake Sheikh' journalist is flawed, jury told
- Sadiq Khan 'forced out Met commissioner in show of power,' claims London Assembly member in sensational attack on Mayor
- REVEALED: Where does your London borough rank on the happiness scale?