Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- NBA All-star Luol Deng talks about inspiring kids and replacing LeBron James at Miami Heat
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- Murder probe after man stabbed to death in Croydon
- Council spends £1,500 on 'Don't Mess with Croydon' t-shirts - and sells just 29
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan