Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- House damaged in Thornton Heath fire
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- Police appeal after man suffers knife wounds in Thornton Heath mugging
- Which of these 10 takeaways should be named the best in south London?