Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Retired fireman facing trial for bludgeoning adopted son to death as friends pay tribute to 'genuine, happy guy'
- LIVE: Future of borough discussed at Develop Croydon summit
- Family of Robbie Hughes complain to Met Police after officers start business with thug who attacked him
- Croydon mentoring programme trying to get 300 young men into work
- 'High risk' Croydon GPs to be fast-tracked for inspection