Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Hammer attack in South Norwood: Man charged with attempted murder
- Life imprisonment for man who killed girlfriend by stamping on her head after Facebook password row
- Serving army sergeant to stand trial accused of sexually attacking woman and girls in Cheam and Croydon barracks
- Lillian Groves's family welcomes introduction of drug driving law
- Teenager's bedroom candles blamed for last night's Croydon house fire