Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Politicians react to Croydon's A&E news
- Croydon's £21m A&E redevelopment plan approved by NHS
- New Addington is second in table of London's unhealthiest high streets
- Trinity School plays host to Question Time
- Clare Balding gives pupils a lesson in diversity