Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- SACKED: Racist police sergeant who 'deliberately ignored' reports of a fatal stabbing found guilty of misconduct
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- Croydon Council to 'urgently' look at road safety after death of cyclist
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to bring spirit of the Proms to Croydon