Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- VIDEO: Large fire breaks out at tower in Croydon town centre
- Ed Miliband promises votes for teenagers and to address racial inequality if he wins election
- Discover what life was like in Croydon during Roman times
- Crystal Palace boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Firefighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital