Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- NHS workers out on strike again over 'fair pay'
- Eight-year-old schoolgirl donates her pocket money to replace a stolen poppy appeal tin
- HIV testing bus touring Croydon to spread health message
- Council bosses call on the Chancellor to give Croydon more powers
- Man charged over Thornton Heath murder