Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Violent robbers who pinned a man to the floor before stealing his bank card are jailed
- VIDEO: Crystal Palace cheerleader gives insight into life and The Crystals in Londoners film project
- Volunteers help clear 40 bags of rubbish from Norbury alleyway
- Cerebral palsy sufferer going for the chop to help friend raise £80,000 for life changing operation
- 'Dangerous' tram network under review in wake of coroner's warnings over death of cyclist