Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Teenager accused of killing aspiring rapper Mujaahid Wilson in Thornton Heath pleads not guilty
- Man dies after flat fire in Croydon
- Commuters face rush hour chaos as Southern Rail cancels more than 1,000 services
- Network Rail reportedly set to lose sole control of British rail infrastructure
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan to spend 'record amount' on London cycling initiatives