Landslide causes Southern train disruption between East Croydon and Oxted
All trains running between East Croydon and Oxted have been cancelled until further notice due to a landslide.
Services to South Croydon, Sanderstead, Riddlesdown and Upper Warlingham are among those disrupted by the landslip, which happened between Woldingham and Oxted this morning.
The line between South Croydon and Oxted has been closed completely.
Network Rail engineers are on-site but no estimated time for the line to reopen has been given.
Southern Rail advised passengers travelling to and from Sanderstead to use Purley Oaks station instead and passengers to and from Upper Warlingham to use Whyteleafe station.
The company is operating rail replacement buses between Oxted and Redhill.
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers
- Burst water pipe causes disruption near Croydon University Hospital