Up for sale: £3.5m Victorian mansion in Upper Norwood - complete with space shuttle
Most of use our attics to stash Christmas trees, forgotten junk and old toys we can't quite bring ourselves to throw away.
One family in Upper Norwood, however, apparently uses theirs to blast off to the furthest corners of outer space.
The loft, at the top of a £3.25m Victorian mansion in Church Road, was converted into a space shuttle for the owner's three sons.
Astromically priced: the Victorian 'space mansion' is valued at £3.25m
Complete with two cockpit seats and an array of a wires, screens and buttons, the astronomical attic is the ultimate play space for young boys.
And it is not the only remarkable thing about the Grade-II Gothic house, which boasts 11 bedrooms, stunning panoramas of south London and once counted film director Ken Russell as resident.
It is up for sale through estate agent Hamptons.
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers
- Burst water pipe causes disruption near Croydon University Hospital
- Croydon courtrooms shut as lawyers strike over legal aid