Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Man, 20, suffers multiple stab wounds in Thornton Heath
- Man, 21, rushed to hospital after stabbing at house in New Addington
- Star Trek: Beyond review - 'an action-packed nostalgic treat'
- New information in search for library campaigner missing for six weeks
- WEATHER: Sunny weather to brighten up the Monday morning blues