London Mayor Boris Johnson meets Kenley flood victims
Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- Tips to keep your mobile phone safe
- Tony Benn's granddaughter Emily to contest Croydon South election
- Firefighters tackle kebab shop fire
- Croydon has a lot of health challenges, doc says
- Double shooting attempted murder suspect to appear at Croydon Crown Court
Comments are closed on this article.