London Mayor Boris Johnson meets Kenley flood victims
Boris Johnson got his wellies wet this afternoon when he met people affected by the floods in Kenley.
Starting his visit at the water treatment plant in Godstone Road he spoke to the workers who have been pumping flood water away from the site 24 hours a day since last Thursday.
This site supplies water to more than 46,000 properties and 116,000 people in Purley, South Croydon, Warlingham and Caterham.
After touring the plant the Mayor of London then went on a walkabout, stopping to chat to business owners and people living in the flood zone.
- A fifth of Croydon children miss out on preferred primary school
- Postman stole letters and parcels because he felt 'stressed'
- Police hunt attacker in Waddon gardens
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for missing 73-year-old woman
- Eddie Izzard visits Croydon as local elections race hots up
Comments are closed on this article.