No risk to water supplies if Kenley Water Treatment Works shuts down
The company which runs Kenley Water Treatment Works says there would be no immediate risk to water supplies if it floods.
Sutton and East Surrey Water has made preparations to re-route supplies from other sources if the plant has to be shut down.
And it has also treated water storage reservoirs in the area which will maintain supplies for several days and will mean there is no loss of supply even if treated water cannot be produced from the site in Godstone Road, Kenley.
Its employees are working 24 hours a day with the emergency services and Croydon Council to pump out the flood water.
There are also sandbags and other defences around key operating buildings and plant to protect them from the flood water.
- Pensioner living in 'unsuitable' hostel dies after waiting months for council to fix damp problem
- Crystal Palace FC helps girl out of prison by giving her football coaching future
- Cops increase plain-clothes patrols and urge people to call 999 after spate of burglaries
- Number of people sleeping rough in Croydon on the rise
- Toddler raises alarm about house fire
Comments are closed on this article.