Estate agents in the Kenley and Purley flood zone have been making cups of coffee and tea for firefighters to help keep their spirits up.
The staff at Mark Youll Estate Agents, Godstone Road, Purley, have watched as the crews have worked 24 hours a day since last Thursday pumping water away from the area.
And they decided to give something back by keeping them topped up with hot drinks.
Sales and letting negotiator Bethany Taylor said: “At the moment the whole of Godstone Road is closed and there is an old people’s home that has been evacuated.
“There is a lot of water running down the road.
“We are making cups of coffee for firefighters and the other people who are working really hard to sort it out.”
- Detectives hunt tiny man in connection with Coulsdon burglaries
- Teenager drowns while swimming during family trip to Croydon
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist seriously injured crashing into 'woman crossing road'
- No fears of fresh Croydon riots despite police alert over gang violence, says top cop
- Missing boy, 15, found at friends house after two weeks