Estate agents in the Kenley and Purley flood zone have been making cups of coffee and tea for firefighters to help keep their spirits up.
The staff at Mark Youll Estate Agents, Godstone Road, Purley, have watched as the crews have worked 24 hours a day since last Thursday pumping water away from the area.
And they decided to give something back by keeping them topped up with hot drinks.
Sales and letting negotiator Bethany Taylor said: “At the moment the whole of Godstone Road is closed and there is an old people’s home that has been evacuated.
“There is a lot of water running down the road.
“We are making cups of coffee for firefighters and the other people who are working really hard to sort it out.”
- Sadiq Khan 'forced out Met commissioner in show of power,' claims London Assembly member in sensational attack on Mayor
- 5p plastic bag charge rising to 9p at Lidl as supermarket takes 'environmentally friendly' stand
- 'It was wriggling towards the house': 5ft SNAKE found in Croydon back garden 🐍
- Film fans furious after cinema screens Bridget Jones for hearing-impaired viewers - but forgets to turn on subtitles
- Head of the Metropolitan Police announces retirement