Estate agents in the Kenley and Purley flood zone have been making cups of coffee and tea for firefighters to help keep their spirits up.
The staff at Mark Youll Estate Agents, Godstone Road, Purley, have watched as the crews have worked 24 hours a day since last Thursday pumping water away from the area.
And they decided to give something back by keeping them topped up with hot drinks.
Sales and letting negotiator Bethany Taylor said: “At the moment the whole of Godstone Road is closed and there is an old people’s home that has been evacuated.
“There is a lot of water running down the road.
“We are making cups of coffee for firefighters and the other people who are working really hard to sort it out.”
- POLL: More than half of Londoners admit to dipping their wick in the office goods. Have you?
- Fire breaks out in fourth-floor flat in Purley
- Popular nightclub to close and make way for football stadium redevelopment
- How will our area fare when Storm Dorris hammers UK with 80mph winds, heavy rain and snow?
- Jailed: 'Reprehensible' conmen who swindled elderly victim out of hundreds of thousands of pounds