Fearsome weather is forecast for tomorrow in Croydon with further flooding expected as the Met Office issues three weather warnings for the region.
Heavy and persistent rain is expected to hit in the early hours of tomorrow morning and there will not be much respite throughout the day.
The Met Office says there is some uncertainty about the path of the frontal system but it is likely the rain will keep battering the borough into the early hours of Saturday.
Gusts of 60 to 70mph are possible tomorrow afternoon and the Met Office is warning of the potential for disruption to travel as well as trees being uprooted.
Winds will ease from the west during Saturday morning.
- Incomplete Oyster journeys cost commuters £53 million last year: Where does your station rank?
- School warns about gangs after 14-year-old stabbed in the neck following fight
- Croydon tram crash victims 'ejected through windows' during derailment
- Vigilante paedophile hunters live stream 'sting' on Facebook
- Don't name streets after people in case they are paedophiles, councils told