Croydon is being tipped as one of the south east’s most up and coming destinations at a conference next month.
Delegates from across the country will be attending the International Confex at London’s Olympia on March 11.
Destination Croydon, a group set up by Croydon Business Improvement District (BID) to promote the town’s hotel and conference sector, will be championing the town’s cause at the event.
Matthew Sims, chief executive of Croydon BID said the town already has a lot to offer with a thriving restaurant quarter and a number of redevelopment projects on the way.
He said: “The huge levels of investment being made in our town, underline its significance as a major strategic location and a destination of choice.
“I would definitely urge anyone who is interested in finding out which locations are on the rise to make sure they drop in to talk to the Destination Croydon team to find out why commentators are tipping Croydon as a ‘hot spot’ for the future.”
- Teenager admits knifing to death South Norwood man - but claims stabbing was self-defence after drug deal went wrong
- Baby fighting for life after car crashes with lorry in South Croydon
- A day of remembrance - 100 years since the beginning of the Battle of The Somme we ask our readers for their stories of that most terrible of battles
- A National Trust tour of Croydon? Organisation to celebrate borough’s ‘post-war ambition’
- Two teenagers to stand trial today accused of murdering David Darko