A fried chicken shop has been forced to close after inspectors found evidence of mice infestation.
Flame Flavours, in Thornton Heath, was inspected by the council’s food safety team on February 11.
According to the Food Standards Agency it received a rating of one in its last inspection in 2012.
Officers found evidence of rodent infestation, poor cleaning, absence of cleaning materials and no record of safe practices.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “An inspection on Tuesday, 11 February, left the council’s food safety team with no alternative than to order the immediate closure of Flames Flavours, Thornton Road, Thornton Heath.
“The premises remains closed pending a further inspection and officers being satisfied the infestation has been dealt with.”
- Croydon Village Outlet evacuated over gas leak fears
- Man grabs woman from behind and drags her along footpath outside Crystal Palace station
- Croydon Village Outlet to be relaunched under new name and ownership
- Pride of the borough celebrated at Croydon Champions 2014
- Train catches fire at Epsom