A fried chicken shop has been forced to close after inspectors found evidence of mice infestation.
Flame Flavours, in Thornton Heath, was inspected by the council’s food safety team on February 11.
According to the Food Standards Agency it received a rating of one in its last inspection in 2012.
Officers found evidence of rodent infestation, poor cleaning, absence of cleaning materials and no record of safe practices.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “An inspection on Tuesday, 11 February, left the council’s food safety team with no alternative than to order the immediate closure of Flames Flavours, Thornton Road, Thornton Heath.
“The premises remains closed pending a further inspection and officers being satisfied the infestation has been dealt with.”
- South London pensioner is fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- You're wheelie stupid: 'Idiot' kids getting high off fumes from burning bins
- Red Nose Day 2017: Show us how you're having a laugh for Comic Relief
- American victim of Wednesday's terror attack named as Kurt Cochran
- COMMENT: Don't say your mum is 'best in the world' - and keep your Mother's Day tributes off social media