A fried chicken shop has been forced to close after inspectors found evidence of mice infestation.
Flame Flavours, in Thornton Heath, was inspected by the council’s food safety team on February 11.
According to the Food Standards Agency it received a rating of one in its last inspection in 2012.
Officers found evidence of rodent infestation, poor cleaning, absence of cleaning materials and no record of safe practices.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “An inspection on Tuesday, 11 February, left the council’s food safety team with no alternative than to order the immediate closure of Flames Flavours, Thornton Road, Thornton Heath.
“The premises remains closed pending a further inspection and officers being satisfied the infestation has been dealt with.”
- Lorry driver caught bringing undeclared alcohol into UK from France has licence suspended
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Large office block to make way for mixed development including more than 30 affordable homes
- Homeowners in SW19 and nearby can net thousands of pounds from Wimbledon tennis tournament
- Work on controversial incinerator set to start next month