Fast food shop in Thornton Heath closed after mice infestation
A fried chicken shop has been forced to close after inspectors found evidence of mice infestation.
Flame Flavours, in Thornton Heath, was inspected by the council’s food safety team on February 11.
According to the Food Standards Agency it received a rating of one in its last inspection in 2012.
Officers found evidence of rodent infestation, poor cleaning, absence of cleaning materials and no record of safe practices.
A Croydon Council spokesman said: “An inspection on Tuesday, 11 February, left the council’s food safety team with no alternative than to order the immediate closure of Flames Flavours, Thornton Road, Thornton Heath.
“The premises remains closed pending a further inspection and officers being satisfied the infestation has been dealt with.”
- Croydon councillor who investigated Stephen Lawrence murder set for spotlight of new public inquiry
- 'Fare dodger' knocks out police officer in East Croydon station attack
- Purley flood victim conned out of £17,000 by bogus council workers
- Burst water pipe causes disruption near Croydon University Hospital
- Croydon courtrooms shut as lawyers strike over legal aid