One of the most influential figures in the world of piano took time out from his globetrotting schedule to talk to Croydon pupils about his trade.
Master piano tuner Ulrich Gerhartz gave a talk at Trinity School about how he prepares concert grand pianos for performances in venues across the globe, working with the world’s top pianists including Mitsuko Uchida and Imogen Cooper.
And then the director of concert and artists’ services at piano maker Steinway and Sons was able to relax while four pupils played pieces on the school’s Steinway Model D Concert piano.
Trinity’s head of piano Richard Evans said: “It was a great privilege to introduce such an important figure to Trinity.
“Ulrich is a master technician and his enthusiasm for his craft is infectious.
"Four of our pianists performed beautifully to demonstrate the quality of our instruments.
“It was a very special evening.”
- New housing campaign calls on homeowners to provide shelter for the homeless
- Croydon cat killer 'knee dropping' helpless victims to death
- Croydon students buck national trend with 'impressive' GSCE results
- Former Croydon headteacher facing jail after being found guilty of sexual activity with 14-year-old boy
- Lorry crashes into bus outside East Croydon station