One of the most influential figures in the world of piano took time out from his globetrotting schedule to talk to Croydon pupils about his trade.
Master piano tuner Ulrich Gerhartz gave a talk at Trinity School about how he prepares concert grand pianos for performances in venues across the globe, working with the world’s top pianists including Mitsuko Uchida and Imogen Cooper.
And then the director of concert and artists’ services at piano maker Steinway and Sons was able to relax while four pupils played pieces on the school’s Steinway Model D Concert piano.
Trinity’s head of piano Richard Evans said: “It was a great privilege to introduce such an important figure to Trinity.
“Ulrich is a master technician and his enthusiasm for his craft is infectious.
"Four of our pianists performed beautifully to demonstrate the quality of our instruments.
“It was a very special evening.”
- Send us your spookiest Halloween pictures
- Street food revolution will move indoors when Surrey StrEatery launches with a bang
- Roller Derby girls gear up for next big test
- Police concern over missing Whyteleafe man who has not been seen since his car was spotted on M25 10 days ago
- Marcus Campbell: Family fighting to transfer critically ill father away from Croydon University Hospital