One of the most influential figures in the world of piano took time out from his globetrotting schedule to talk to Croydon pupils about his trade.
Master piano tuner Ulrich Gerhartz gave a talk at Trinity School about how he prepares concert grand pianos for performances in venues across the globe, working with the world’s top pianists including Mitsuko Uchida and Imogen Cooper.
And then the director of concert and artists’ services at piano maker Steinway and Sons was able to relax while four pupils played pieces on the school’s Steinway Model D Concert piano.
Trinity’s head of piano Richard Evans said: “It was a great privilege to introduce such an important figure to Trinity.
“Ulrich is a master technician and his enthusiasm for his craft is infectious.
"Four of our pianists performed beautifully to demonstrate the quality of our instruments.
“It was a very special evening.”
- Health secretary urged to launch inquiry as tribunal rejects Croydon NHS trust's appeal over whisteblower's unfair sacking
- Star Wars collector sells rare figure for £18,000 - after buying it for just £1.50
- 'Massive bill' for Thames Water and another nightmare for south London commuters as leaks continue to pour into rail tunnel
- Elderly man seriously injured after being hit by lorry in Purley
- Man dies at Paddy Power betting shop