One of the most influential figures in the world of piano took time out from his globetrotting schedule to talk to Croydon pupils about his trade.
Master piano tuner Ulrich Gerhartz gave a talk at Trinity School about how he prepares concert grand pianos for performances in venues across the globe, working with the world’s top pianists including Mitsuko Uchida and Imogen Cooper.
And then the director of concert and artists’ services at piano maker Steinway and Sons was able to relax while four pupils played pieces on the school’s Steinway Model D Concert piano.
Trinity’s head of piano Richard Evans said: “It was a great privilege to introduce such an important figure to Trinity.
“Ulrich is a master technician and his enthusiasm for his craft is infectious.
"Four of our pianists performed beautifully to demonstrate the quality of our instruments.
“It was a very special evening.”
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Sham marriages trial collapses over claims immigration officials lied in court
- VIDEO: Large fire breaks out at tower in Croydon town centre
- Ed Miliband promises votes for teenagers and to address racial inequality if he wins election
- Discover what life was like in Croydon during Roman times