Steinway and Sons master piano tuner Ulrich Gerhartz gives talk at Trinity School
One of the most influential figures in the world of piano took time out from his globetrotting schedule to talk to Croydon pupils about his trade.
Master piano tuner Ulrich Gerhartz gave a talk at Trinity School about how he prepares concert grand pianos for performances in venues across the globe, working with the world’s top pianists including Mitsuko Uchida and Imogen Cooper.
And then the director of concert and artists’ services at piano maker Steinway and Sons was able to relax while four pupils played pieces on the school’s Steinway Model D Concert piano.
Trinity’s head of piano Richard Evans said: “It was a great privilege to introduce such an important figure to Trinity.
“Ulrich is a master technician and his enthusiasm for his craft is infectious.
"Four of our pianists performed beautifully to demonstrate the quality of our instruments.
“It was a very special evening.”
- Man in his 50's dies after being hit by a car
- Croydon-based firm backs the Underwear Rule
- Cricketer Mark Butcher and celebrity chef Cyrus Todiwala are world food fest special guests
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Croydon boy, 14, arrested on suspicion of rape at Reading festival
Comments are closed on this article.