Selhurst man Hassan Qadar charged with GBH with intent to endanger life and criminal damage after attack on pensioner in Tamworth Road, Croydon town centre
A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- Passengers urged to plan an alternative route due to London Bridge station rebuild
- Live music to celebrate Wandle Park restoration
- The Great British Busk Off
- Croydon's twin town of Arnhem in Holland set for British invasion
- Police make two arrests and seize £3,000 in drug raid