A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- Burglars punch elderly man and gag wife during break-in
- Urgent appeal to find soldier missing since January 11
- Man found dead on Mitcham Common 'turned to alcohol over post-traumatic stress'
- Man charged with sexually assaulting boys at one of UK's top private schools
- Stormzy solo show sells out in four minutes