Selhurst man Hassan Qadar charged with GBH with intent to endanger life and criminal damage after attack on pensioner in Tamworth Road, Croydon town centre
A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- Man jumps to death to escape attackers after being falsely accused of theft
- Croydon facing 'complex' health challenges, top doc says
- Teenagers jailed for knifepoint robbery crime spree
- Coronation Street and The Bill stars team up to promote Marie Curie Cancer Care fundraising walk
- Man injured in six-vehicle smash at notorious Fiveways junction