A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- Discover what life was like in Croydon during Roman times
- Crystal Palace boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Fire fighters come out in force for training exercise at Sutton Hospital
- VIDEO: Hundreds stage emotional protest over critically ill dad's care at Croydon University Hospital
- How do police tackle domestic violence in Croydon where there are at least eight attacks a day?