A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- Man attacked with machete at Norbury station
- Urgent appeal to find missing elderly woman who is 'easily confused'
- Lorry spillage causes TWO crashes on A23 Purley Way - road closures in place
- Teen charged in connection with stabbing outside Croydon College
- Man jailed for 15 years for firearm offences