A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- Croydon battalion to march in homecoming parade after return from Afghanistan
- Surge in begging arrests after police crackdown in Croydon
- Alcoholism partly to blame for woman's death in Lewisham, coroner hears
- Police investigating after man hurt in major Thornton Heath fire
- Gang member who kidnapped men from homes and tortured them jailed for 20 years