A 29-year-old man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to endanger life after a pensioner was attacked in broad daylight in Croydon town centre.
Hassan Qadar, of Wisbeach Road, Selhurst, is alleged to have inflicted potentially life-changing head injuries on a 71-year-old man in an assault in Tamworth Road on Monday afternoon.
He is also accused of damaging several vehicles.
Mr Qadar will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court today charged with seven counts of criminal damage and one count of affray.
- MP Gavin Barwell denies breaking campaign spending laws as Met launches expenses probe
- WIN! We’ve got money-can’t-buy X-Men Apocalypse goodies to give away
- Three men bailed following South Norwood stabbing
- Man, 33, arrested after Selhurst house fire
- Driver arrested after crashing into parked cars in Addiscombe